Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Economic Simulation and 3D Ship Simulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Winter
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Economic Simulation and 3D Ship Simulation Reply with quote

I had a look through the internet and did not find any other shipping economic simulation game than PoC XXL, at least no realistic and supported one.

On the other hand I found an offer for various 3D ship simulation games.

Resulting from above I believe, it would make sense to create more new features for the economic simulation of PoC XXL than for the 3D ship simulation.

According to my opinion it's better to have a first class shipping economic simulation game on the market than with other competitors a ship simulation with additionally an economic simulation, which needs to be improved.
Brynjard
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
Very Happy
There is one. Much more simpler than PoC.
Only for MS DOS.
Can`t remember the name. Doesn`t matter
Pipit
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one you are thinking of is Ocean Traders (or maybe High Seas Traders-- I know both of them are shipping games, just vastly different eras). Some of the features in that game (like contracts/freight forwarding) make the economic angle more interesting (ie: buying warehouse space to store cargo in for pick up/holding until the contract date). But the game lacks the goods-to-ports aspect that PoC has:: outside of the occasional scheduled shipping contract, all you do is pick up whatever cargo is there, tell you ship where to go, and hope that you can sell it for a higher price than you bought it for and make a profit.

I am all for the stronger economic aspect of the game (in fact, I am somewhat annoyed at having to navigate my ships through shoals and icebergs---takes up WAY to much time. It be great is there was an option to turn that off, but still allow us to navigate the ports!)

Of course, all said and done, I think PoC is a great game as it is....
Brynjard
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.
Ocean trader is the name...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: