Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock, Bonds, and building ships!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brynjard
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Stock, Bonds, and building ships! Reply with quote

Hi!
I`ve posted another topic about contacts which I recommand you to reed:
http://www.rdkleinforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3768

Stock and Bonds.
The stock market in PoC is a start.
There should be a possible way to manage the stock and bonds system in your company. I don`t have any good suggestion cause I don`t have the knowledge. I want you to help, please answer and make a suggestion.

In the last of Rail Road Tycoon there is a simple system. You can manage your own and you can actually merge with another company(you take the controll). It depends on stock price and cash of course.
In RRT you can sell bonds if in need of cash, the stock price drops when do. You can buy back stock if you have cash.

It would be quite cool if it was possible to buy stocks in other companys(as in the present PoC stock market) and over time if your company is succses maybe take over another smaller competative company.

Also in real life some companys are not quoted to the stock exchange. It could be optional.
What are your thoughts?

Building Ships:
In PoC today you can buy new ships as you buy a new car in real life.
In real life shipping not many types of vessels are in shelf storage SPAM ***. To build a ship it takes at least 6 months to 2 years.
An additional question: Are vessel prices balanced in PoC? I think there is non profitabel buying new ships.

Back to market: in very "good" times there is no ships to buy, and it takes long time to build due to queue.
In "bad" times it`s difficult to get rid of vessels. It`s the buyers market.

What can PoC become? Any Ideas?
anthonyvdv
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Stockmarket POC Reply with quote

Hello to all

I have tried out the stockmarket an in the end. Alhtough if your very carefull you can make some money, I think the stockmarket is more a waste of time. Many times companys you buy stock in go broke. So its alot better to just ignore the stockmarket.

What they should do, is give more BANK options. Like a possibility to block money for a limited time and give a %.

In this way you could earn some money with saving it in a blocked account on the bank.

In the end POC is a shipping game and not stockmarket game

With kind regards
Anthony
Nerby
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Stockmarket POC Reply with quote

anthonyvdv wrote:
In the end POC is a shipping game and not stockmarket game

Anthony,

I perfectly agree. I think I opened the stockmarket window only once or twice since it came out, and never used it. I see it more as a nuisance thatn as a feature.

Best regards,

Nerby
cbisti
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

The stock market future in poc may exist not only for "instant market games" but for some other more important reason

I could consider that the course of stock indeces (per commodity) would affect available freights onto ports (plus <anzfracht> parameter or some other in town.xml file), as existing option "Marketing" (promo expenses) is a part of trade scheduled.

Those activities are in business "time dependent"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: