Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

version 1.0.11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is there are several 3D shipping games about but this as far as I know is the only one that is a shipping company simulator, I really feel this is the area that needs to be developed, keeping things simple like the graphics does not have to mean poor graphics but it does mean that the community that uses the game can add a lot to the game (the amount of ships/harbours that Zootier, myself and others have made is testament to this).

Maybe things like developing a drag and drop port editor ect would also spur more interest in the game.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I also suggest to keep XXL in 2D and just to enhance the resolution nd 2D Graphics where needed.
Apart from this I totally agree that the thing about XXL should be some more complexity in the future keep the advanced Pocers on their toes Smile

Best regards,

Christian
Zootier
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ich bin auch der Meinung das sie sich bei der Entwicklung von PoC auf den Wirtschaftspart und eine aufgehübschte, zeitgemäße 2D Grafik beschränken sollten.
Ich persönlich habe genau aus diesem Grund auch nur die Gold Lizenz, ich benötige den 3D Simulationskram einfach nicht.

3D Grafik entwickelt sich so schnell, da ist es für ein kleines Simulationsspiel wie PoC einfach unmöglich Schritt zu halten.
Wenn sie Heute anfangen PoC neu in 3D zu programmieren, dann ist es beim Release grafisch schon wieder total überholt und sie überzeugen damit trotzdem keinen 3D Junkie PoC zu spielen! 3D Grafik altert einfach viel schneller als 2D.
Bleiben sie lieber bei 2D, das ist die Verfallsrate lange nicht so hoch.

Das ändert aber nichts daran dass PoCXXL optisch eine Generalüberholung benötigt. Die Auflösung und der altbackene Kartenscreen sind einfach nicht mehr zeitgemäß.
monty
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a long time since I posted anything to this forum because many of my requests that were posted were ignored, I now realize in the last two years, while reading all of the comments, very little has been accomplished due to the lack of finances. I enjoy this game for the very reasons it was created, its unique. I also love the improved graphics in 3d. Of course it needs fixed and updated to really appeal to the changing world of technology and to justify paying for more value. I would be happy to pay for the privilege to enjoy a better version of this game, after you improve it.
Gimmics like I-phones, androids, and now I-pads will constantly deflect from what should be most important - delivering the best POC experience technologically available. Whether it is better on a small phone or a large screen RDK's financial concerns will determine this. I for one, vote for a natural progression of interesting scenery and 3d graphics coupled with the same basic format most of us love about this game, its simple and fun. Whatever you decide RDK, I have enjoyed your game for years at a reasonable cost. For that, I thank you!
arktic fox
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo zusammen,

Tolle 3 D-Spiele kommen und gehen, keines hat sich aber lange gehalten, besonders im Vergleich zu POC. Es gibt ja einige Wirtschaftsimulationen, speziell mit toller Grafik, nur ist es nicht dass, was die Spieler einer Wirtschaftsimulation wollen.

Ein negatives Beispiel ist doch die Planer - Serie. In den aktuellen Spielerbewertungen ( z.Bsp. Amazon ) hat das Spiel absolut gefloppt. Warum? Die Spieler wollen eine für sie zu bewältigende Simulation der Realität, sich etwas aufbauen, mit dem man sich identifizieren kann. Und keine High-End- Grafik. Die Käufer beschweren sich darüber, dass die Grafik in den Vordergrund gerückt wurde und die Simulation absolut daneben ist.

Postives Beispiel ist die Patrizier- Reihe. Über viele Jahre hinweg hat dieses Spiel eine große Fangemeinde aufgebaut. Der aktuelle Teil ist ein Erfolg. Ich habe ihn auch auf meinem PC, tolle Grafik? Fehlanzeige!

Bei einer Wirtschaftsimulation steht doch genau die Simulation im Vordergrund.

Das Tolle an POC ist doch auch, dass sich hier so viele User mit Schiffen, Häfen und Waren einbringen. So wird das Spiel ein Teil von jedem, der sich hier einbringen möchte. ´

Ich weiß aber auch, dass in der heutigen Zeit Verkaufszahlen zählen und man mit guten Ideen und Idealismus allein, eine Bank nicht überzeugen kann.

Vielleicht gelingt ja ein Fondfinanzierung, bei Filmen wird es ja ähnlich gemacht.
HansOlav
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I believe you can create a new Poc XLL 2, and charge for it.

If many of the changes that are proposed to Poc XXL is done we would all buy it with a new license to support this project without more 3D than it already has.

For example, the new cargo system received 47% of the vote in a poll.

That would be better than if it's completely dead as now. What do you all think? I would pay for the new update (and I have the Platinum licens)!

Hans Olav.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: