Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SORTING in the FREIGHT MARKET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: SORTING in the FREIGHT MARKET Reply with quote

Hello
I have found that one cannot sort the "RESULT" column whilst in the freight market. The other column "result/unit" one is fine, but the result does not want to sort from in Ascending or descending order.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Richard
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I will take a look.
cbisti
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mornig to all,

I have latest update (version 1.0.11) - in my screen seems to sort in decending order perfectly

regards
cbisti
pengolodh_sc
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

After years of not using Ports of Call Classic and XXL, I have recently started playing the game again (finding my licence after some searching in old computer files - I think I bought the licence in 2004).

I also have Ports of Call XXL 1.0.11 installed, and sorting freight has a significant bug. To illustrate the appearance of the bug, I have made composite screenshots of the results of sorting freight in two different ways. I hope the size of the screenshots is not upsetting - I felt it the most illustrative way to show the bug.

For this illustration, I went to the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and showed all available freights (this in a game with add-ons loaded, but the same thing happens whether or not add-ons are loaded). I then sorted the available freight - first by result, then by penalty/day.

Sorting freight by total value

In the screenshot of freight sorted by total result by cargo, one can see how freights are sorted out of order - the freight listed as the fourth most valuable, should have been at the bottom of the list, while the three actually most valuable cargos actually are precisely at the bottom of the list, when they should be at the top.

If I search the freight market in the whole world to find particularly valuable cargos, it means I have to do a lot of scrolling to find the good freights - it is enough of a hassle to do so, to make me do so less often.

As far as i can tell, the issue seems to be with the thousands separator (Tausendertrennzeichen) - it seems the list only sorts the first group of digits in the value, ignoring the fact that numbers to the right of the first thousands separator also should be part of the value.

Sorting freight by penalty/day

In the sorting by penalty/day, there is a similar effect going on, but the list-sorting seems to have an additional problem with sorting values. It treats less penalty as better, so the lesser values should be at top. It looks here like it partly sorts only by the first digit, and partly by the whole group to the left of the first thousands separator or comma - note how it sorts 173,43 as less than 178,76, but 178,76 is then sorted as being less than 18,77.

I realise from other posts that development of PoC XXL is on the backburner for now, but I hope this can be put on a list of things to look at for any potential future update.
Dolor medicatur
Puellae cicatrices amant
Gloria in aeternum durat
Borrowed (and now corrected) from the SCA-heraldry-list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Bugreports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: