Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klare Aussage!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
der Seewolf
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Klare Aussage!! Reply with quote

Hallo Hr. Klein

Wie der Titel schon sagt, möchte ich Sie bitte hier endlich einmal eine klare Aussage zum Stand bzw. der Zukunft von POC-XXL, zu treffen!

Wir haben gewartet, wir hatten Verständnis und viele hatten bestimmt auch eine gute Portion Hoffnung. Aber letztendlich ist das Forum so gut wie ausgestorben, klare Ansagen Ihrerseits gab es hier schon lange nicht mehr, und immer mehr der "alten Hasen", welche noch Lust und Zeit hatten für POC etwas zu bewegen, sind hier schon lange nicht mehr in Erscheinung getreten. Ob dies an den sommerlichen Temperaturen oder am mangelnen Fortschritt/Feetback liegt, kann sich jetzt jeder selber ausmalen bzw. hinterfragen.

Ich für meinen Teil habe viel Verständnis dafür dass, wirtschaftliche Aspekte und personelle Schwierigkeiten ein gewichtiger Grund dafür waren/sind, dass es mit POC nicht in dem Maße voran gehen konnte wie es sich die Com gewünscht hätte. Aber ich habe langsam kein Verständnis mehr dafür das so gut wie keine Aussage mehr von Ihrer Seite kommt (wenn man mal von solchen Einzeiler wie "Bitte noch etwas Geduld" oder "es wird daran gearbeitet", absieht).
Was ist aus der Com-Umfrage geworden?
Wie steht es mit der von Ihnen angedachten Umstellung der Programmiersprache?
Was ist aus den Ideen und Vorschlägen geworden welche das Wirtschaftssystem und die XML-Handhabung betreffen?
Was machen die Anpassung der max. Darstellung und die der Schiffsgröße?

Hr. Klein, jetzt endlich mal "Butta bei die Fische" und ein paar klare Ansagen gemacht. Es geht ja nicht darum das Sie einen festen Termin festlegen wann wir mit dem Neuen, alles anders (besser!?) machenden POC-XXL 2.0 rechnen dürfen, sondern darum ob hier überhaupt noch Irgendetwas passiert und wenn ja, in welche Richtung gearbeitet wird.

Ich denke, dies hat die Com jetzt doch langsam mal verdient!

Gruß Seewolf Smile
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i really support this statement, as I'm a little bit sad.
I remember the Forum at the beginning as a vivid place.
Many people wrote here, postet bugs, requests, suggestions and,
of course, smalltalk.
I met a lot of people via poc with my HH PoCer Treff and got in contact
with quite a lot of different people from different countries.

So it's sad, that the forum ist so less used at the moment and i guess,
that a new updae would bring quite a number of people back.

I acknowledge, that I got quite a lot for the price of € 40.
PoC XXL, the Sim3D I and Sim 3D II.
From a 2011 perspective some of these might look a little bit outdated
and disappointing and some people really complained as I noticed.

BUT: I bought the game (to be precise I got it on my birthday Wink) 2003.
And considering that, I am really satisfied with what i got!!

I would even be willing to buy a new license if needed,
but please Mr Klein: Don't let PoC fall asleep.
It is basically to good for that - even with the 800x 600 graphics.

Best regards,
Christian Todt
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check on this forum on an almost daily basis on the hope (although hope is lacking) that something new is here.

As for posting, why bother? There have been hundreds of suggestions but most have never been implemented.

It truly is a shame as its still the only shipping game of its type, but it is still an unfinished project after all these years.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
cbisti
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

der Seewolf
It truly is a shame as its still the only shipping game of its type

Indeed, I would state that after last years suggestions and bugs posted a super (3d?) game combining poc’s philosophy (trade, freight market), user add-on provided material, ship/vehicle simulator’s graphic environment could be created and implemented at a competitive price.

If somebody has experienced in existing aviation simulators, (plus Fpassngers add-on future), would instantly realize that such a new development should in maritime simulation attract (as a shipping opponent) more customers and friends.

Christian Todt
Many people wrote here, posted bugs, requests, suggestions and,
of course, smalltalk.

It is clear that users provided info sources an expert or professional level (Fachleute), nevertheless I suspect that this material has not carefully taken into consideration.

Anyway we wish that RDK will not abandon ship!

Best regards
cbisti
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only agree with you, in the things you say. It is a shame. if such a great game, die in this way. I remember the "old days" there was a lot of time in forums but suddenly disappeared, a lot of people, some said they did not care whether the new adon system, but they could of course just leave it there, to use it. I also remember the one who signed up forums sometime, he wrote nearly 600 submissions, with a lot of good content in less than a year as suddenly, one day just to be totally gone again. The question is, can we even do anything to get the good times back. Smile
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that even small updates would keep people interested in the game, the last content update (and it was very small was on the 24th of April 2009!

I also know of one person who just wanted the Small Water addition more than anything else; but how long have we been waiting for that?

On a side note updates are very important to games, I do a lot of online gaming on an MMO called Sword 2 (used to be called Sword of the new world), there was update issues with this game a couple of years ago and they lost over 50% of their players in just 8 months, so just imagine how many people no longer play this after 2 years.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree - good idea maybe thats easierer than to try to gain time to do a larger update.
Of course I will not abandon POC, and slowly I make progress getting time back (though not having manpower) --
Some progress also getting experience in the unity 3d engine (we plan to complete port pocsim3dii to it if possible but thats hard work !) using cityengine for the 3d houses. Now we have two licenses one on mac and one on PC (including ipad etc. and android platforms).

Tell me which update you want first (for example the north route, new addon folders (discussion was not clear so far)) .... I will try to implement thi quickly
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ RDK: Maybe you can make it a challenge for the users and for yourself by adding a poll on this forum where people can choose from new implementations, and you promise that the top 2 or top 3 will be implemented in a new update within 3 months? Smile

After setting the poll online sent a message to all members of this forum that the poll is online and that they may not ask for updates anymore if they don't vote on this poll. Very Happy
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that a good idea, but i need some items for the poll (I will add mine then)
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news, I will go back through the forum for suggestions and see which ones I would like first, I will have to do a bit of reading as i forgot what has been said in the past Embarassed

rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes great !!
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RDK: See this topic you have posted about 1,5 years ago http://www.rdkleinforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3767 for ideas.
I also remember (maybe listed above, haven't checked:
- sorting options in KARA
- loads being generated based on both from and to harbour, to have all logical transports. Currently there is only a tag for type of goods exporting from a port. A second tag for importing goods would need to be added for this.
- liner service
- hub function (that you can unload a cargo somewhere and pick it up later.
- the above the 68 degrees north issue
- PoC smallwater (although that actually is another project.
- for containers maybe even a system that you have to make sure you have enough empty containers in a port somewhere to pick up the load (and the ability to move empty containers)
- correct handling time of a ship. If you now berth somewhere just for fuel, you have a lot of waiting days. Normally bunkering is done with a ship somewhere in port.
- normal handling times of ships. The current waiting and handling times (3 to 7 days sometimes) is not realistic, especially not for modern container vessels. Of course in the beginning of the game (early years 50 to 70) when only general cargo vessels are used, loading/unloading times will be longer.
- also loading/unloading time based on loading and unloading or just one of the two handlings.

I hope I have given some ideas here.

In my opinion it would be really great of we could have a wishlist and that every 3 months you (RDK) can extract items from the wistlist, put it in a poll and if the poll is finished, implement the ideas within 3 months. That way the game will continuously being updated, you have some control over the kind of updates (to make sure working load will be spread evenly) and the end users will be happy.

Greetz, Corné
TheDutch
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm agree with Corne_mo, and i'm happy as first Pocxxl is 100% before all the others versions will be make't.

Herman
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play POC XXL, almost every day and are and are very satisfied with what I have. Of course, one could update sometimes. was probably a very good idea. I could FX. like, a stock maked that was slightly more exciting. I think it would be good if we could earn a little more money in the stock market. I think as it stands, serve not so good.
Zootier
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mich nervt eigentlich immer noch am meisten, dass es keine ordentliche Trennung zwischen den verschiedenen Frachtsorten gibt.
Es ist einfach Blödsinn Eisenerz in einem Containerschiff, oder Elektronische Geräte in einem Capesize Bulker zu transportieren.
Genau das gleiche bei den Tankern, ich kann die Jahre Viking mit LNG beladen und umgedreht jeden Gas Tanker mit Rohöl.
Auch fehlt eine unterscheidung zwischen reinen Röhöl Transportern (norm. ULCC - Suezmax) und Schiffen die auch Ölprodukte (teilw. Aframax, meist kleiner) wie Benzin o.ä. transportieren. Die großen Rohöltanker sind nicht in der Lage raffinerierte Ölprodukte zu transportieren, da sie unbeschichtete Tanks haben. Nur Schiffe mit (voll)beschichteten Cargotanks können auch Ölprodukte transportieren.

Ich denke das zu ändern dürfte kein so großer Aufwand sein und sollte erledigt werden bevor man Anfängt komplexe Themen wie einen realistischen Container- / Fährlinienverkehr oder Kreuzfahrtschiffbetrieb einzurichten.

Die "above 68°" Gechichte würde ich auch gerne umgesetzt sehen, genau wie die Möglichkeit nicht nur zu bestimmen welche Waren in einem Hafen angeboten werden, sondern auch welche angenommen werden. Damit könnte man verhindern, dass so schwachsinnige Aufträge wie "liefere 500.000 Tonnen Rohöl nach Stanley" generiert werden.

Würden diese Sachen umgesetzt würde das Spiel einen wesentlich fertigeren Eindruck machen, und man könnte überlegen welche zusätzlichen Sachen man künftig noch implementieren möchte.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: